This option is for those willing to study abroad outside of the EU at one of METU’s partner institutions. Usually, the partner institution offers free tuition and in some cases, there are opportunities to apply for a scholarship through different organizations (scholarships offered by the host country, Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility, etc.)
- active, full-time student of METU upon application and during the planned mobility
- completed at least 1 semester at METU
- the weighted average is over 3.0
- sufficient and relevant language skills: min B2 level at the teaching language of the host
- consent and accept that applicants will have to cover all their expenses
Where to study?
To check METU’s academic partners please visit this website and choose from the ’OTHER BILATERAL AGREEMENTS - NON-EU PARTNERS’ section: https://www.metubudapest.hu/partner-universities
Please note, that the Pacific States University and the Ohio State University is not available for 2022/23 spring semester.
How to apply?
Please submit the requested documents on the application form: https://forms.office.com/e/ncSjZNjAnC
- Motivation letter - 300-500 words in English. Please describe how the selected institution/s will contribute to your career development. Why and what would you like to study at the host university?
- Certificate of Language skills – language exam or proof by METU Insitute of Foreign Languages
- Declaration form(download from Coospace: https://coospace.metropolitan.hu/CooSpace/Scene-68415/Folder-560650)
- if relevant: portfolio
- if relevant: any further proof that supports your application (e.g.: OTDK, professional achievements, etc.)
Application deadline for the 2023/24 academic year: 23:59, Sunday, 12th March 2023
- METU will examine that applicants meet the minimum criteria set in the bilateral agreement signed with the selected partner institution
- If the student meets all the criteria, METU forwards the application
- The partner university will decide on the acceptance of the student and provide relevant information on the next steps.
- Selected students must be active and pay the tuition fee at METU for the duration of the study abroad program
- In return, the partner university will not charge any tuition fees, unless is stated otherwise in the bilateral agreement
- In case the scholarship is not offered, the student will be responsible to cover all other expenses and fees, such as transportation, housing, visa, insurance, living costs academic materials, etc.
- Participating students will fall under the same regulation as outgoing Erasmus+ students, therefore entitled for individual study schedule during study abroad
- A Learning agreement must be filled and signed by all parties at the beginning of the mobility
- Upon return, a Transcript of Records must be obtained from the host and all credits should be transferred at METU either as compulsory or free credits.